Here are some of the most wonderful presents for hummingbird lovers. Accessories,q home décor items, jewelry, books, and wind chimes are the best hummingbird themed gift ideas that go perfectly with every special occasion. Here are our top picks that you should consider.
Best Hummingbird Themed Gift Ideas for Every Occasion
If you have a friend or a family member who is into hummingbirds, you should take a look at all the gift choices presented below. All of them are very popular and they are thoughtful gifts.
1. Flying Hummingbird Pendant Necklace
This elegant hummingbird necklace displays and elegant and colorful design and embodies the excitement that characterizes every hummingbird. All the stone are Swarovski elements and they are inserted in purple and lilac enamel. This Sterling silver accessory will help you achieve a distinguished look.
Offering this gift to someone you love is a symbol of strong and lifelong friendship. The pendant is made of high-quality materials that are resistant to rust and the chain is hypoallergenic.
2. Hummingbird Themed Glass Coasters
These colorful coasters feature beautiful hummingbird and flower drawings. One pack comes with 4 cool little coasters. This is a great gift for both men and women. Each coaster is made with sandstone. This product is made, printed, and packaged in the USA.
The coasters made by the Thirstystone Company are highly absorbent and made from natural materials. The rock is sourced from the Utah desert. In terms of both functionality and design, this brand is one of the best in the tabletop category.
This beautiful gift comes with 4 cool little coasters. This is a great gift for both men and women.
3. Tervis Hummingbird Travel Mug
This travel mug is so adorable with its colorful hummingbird representations. It can hold up to 16 ounces of liquid and it comes with a cute fuchsia lid. The plastic is BPA-free and the user can easily clean this mug in the dishwasher and keep his or her beverages cool in the freezer.
One of the most important advantages that the brand provides is the mug’s lifetime guarantee. The Tervis travel mug is made in the USA and it is highly portable so you can take it with you everywhere you go. It is useful for both cold and hot beverages and there’s also the purple version if you’re not a fan of fuchsia.
4. Crystal Hummingbird Brooch
This beautiful hummingbird accessory is a crystal brooch which is the ideal gift for someone who loves to accessorize every outfit. You can never have too many brooches and they are less common compared to necklaces and bracelets so a brooch will definitely help the one who’s wearing it to stand out.
This gift is suitable for many special occasions when you celebrate your mother, daughter, girlfriend, wife, or friend. It is a very appealing present with a classic appearance and vibrant colors. There are three available color choices: red, green, and blue.
5. Hummingbird Doormat
Let everyone who visits you know that your house is a hummingbird-friendly one. If you have a loved one who’s a fan of hummingbirds, then this gift will bring him or her a lot of joy. Make sure to choose a non-slip mat, one that’s durable and preferably made from coir fiber.
This particular doormat comes with a vinyl coating on the back that prevents skidding. The flowers and the hummingbird featured on the front of the mat are created with water-based colors. This item is pretty thick which makes it the perfect choice for moderate or even heavy-use traffic.
The fact that this doormat boasts vibrant floral designs will certainly add a touch of glam and nature to any front door.
6. Garden/Porch Hummingbird Feeder
This exquisite hummingbird feeder looks great on any porch and its colorful design will attract the birds. It comes available in three different versions: fireworks, starry night, and Phoenix. The wonderful blue bottle is embellished with brilliant dots that add glamour to your courtyard.
It is a unique product that’s handmade and the base part features a perch where the birds can rest while eating. All the materials are non-toxic and lead-free. Moreover, this product is easy to put together and low-maintenance. It is the perfect gift for someone who loves hummingbirds but who’s also environmentally-responsible considering that the feeder is manufactured from recycled materials.
7. Hummingbird Wall Art
There are so many options out there when it comes to hummingbird-themed wall art, both framed and frameless, that it can be tough to opt for one single product. The most stunning ones in my opinion are watercolor style paintings. Anyone who loves hummingbirds, from children to elderly people will be glad to display this type of home décor in their house.
The beautiful colors and shapes of such a painting can capture the entire essence of hummingbirds. These modern canvas art prints are highly popular these days and they are ideal gifts for numerous celebrations such as birthdays, baby showers, wedding anniversaries, and more.
8. Hummingbird-Themed Coloring Book
If you’re anything like me, you love to relax with coloring books that have patterns specially created for adults like mandalas and floral designs. This adult coloring book is full of charming images of flowers, hummingbirds, and other natural patterns. It helps you relax and relieve stress.
All the pictures are beautifully-detailed as well as realistic. You can color them any way you like. As a gift, it might be a great idea to pair this book with a set of coloring pencils.
9. Books about Hummingbirds
Offering a book about the way hummingbirds live or a guide that teaches you how to attract these tiny birds, how to identify and enjoy them is a great idea for a gift. I am sure that any hummingbird enthusiast would love to add this kind of book to his or her library.
One comprehensive book that also provides some amazing photos is the one written by Lilian and Donald Stokes. In this beautifully illustrated guide, you will find many interesting and effective ways to attract hummingbirds to your own courtyard and put your bird feeder to good use.
10. Hummingbird Laptop Tote Bag
With this bag, you can walk around carrying a true piece of art wrapped around your arm. The watercolor print is displayed over the large front of a practical and functional tote bag. This gorgeous product is made of high-quality fabrics and the canvas is water-resistant. It is highly versatile and provides a large storing capacity.
It closes with a top zipper and has multiple pockets: one large pocket for your laptop, 2 smaller open pockets, 2 tiny pockets where you can keep your pens, and one zipper pocket built on the interior wall of the bag. This tote bag represents a great gift idea for your mother, daughter, wife, or girlfriend.
With this bag, you can walk around carrying a true piece of art wrapped around your arm. This gorgeous product is made of high-quality fabrics and the canvas is water-resistant.
Hummingbirds are tiny birds with a huge memory. These fascinating creatures remember all the feeders and all the flowers they have visited before. Their metabolism is so quick that these birds need to consume nectar every 15 minutes to keep their energy at an optimal level and survive.
When Should You Offer a Hummingbird-Themed Gift?
There are many special moments when you can offer this type of gift. Most people instantly think about occasions like birthday or holidays but other important milestones also deserve to be celebrated properly. Here’s a brief list of the best moments when such a gift can create a memorable experience:
- Mother’s Day – instead of giving your mother a gift card for Mother’s Day, you should think of something more thoughtful that truly shows how much you love and appreciate her; something like a hummingbird-themed jewelry or home décor items;
- Valentine’s Day – gift ideas such as hummingbird necklaces, chocolate molds, or coloring books can be the perfect gift for your lover;
- Graduation parties – amazing gift ideas for a person who has just graduated are books with hummingbird illustrations, journals, and ink pens;
- House warming parties – any of the gift ideas presented above can be the perfect item to give to someone who has just bought a new house;
- Christmas and Easter – based on where you live, at least one of these two holidays are associated with gift exchanges. So, both holidays can be the perfect moment to give a hummingbird plush toy or any other related present to someone who’s really important in your life;
- Wedding or engagement parties – elegant dishes with hummingbird paintings on them or hummingbird feeders might just be the thing that both the bride and groom were looking for.
More Fun Facts about Hummingbirds
Here are some other interesting facts about these amazing creatures:
- Hummingbirds are hoverers. These birds maintain their tiny body inclined at approximately 45 degrees to the ground and move their small wings rapidly, forming a figure-eight pattern;
- They have a very flexible shoulder joint which allows them to create lift on both backward and forward wing strokes;
- All this hovering over flowers speeds up the birds’ metabolism and makes these creatures burn many calories. For that reason, they need to feed once per every 15 minutes to survive;
- There are many species of hummingbirds. You can find them in the USA but most of them live in South and Central America;
- There are no less than 21 species of hummingbirds that travel to the US every year and 16 of them breed here on a regular basis;
- You can recognize hummingbirds because they have these unique traits: flight agility, small body size, iridescent plumage, and long beaks;
- During their normal flight, hummingbirds move their tiny wings between 10 and 80 times per second so you will only see their wings as a blur;
- Besides nectar, hummingbirds also consume insects but their diet consists of 90% nectar.
FAQs about the Best Hummingbird Themed Gift Ideas
There are countless products out there that can be considered as some of the best hummingbird themed gift ideas, from feeders and coloring books to paintings and travel mugs.
There are many beautifully-designed feeders that you can choose from. Here is a shortlist with some of the most inspired options: Perky Pet 209B – this glass feeder has a storage capacity of 850 ml. The glass bottle is see-through which allows you to easily check the nectar levels every day. At the top, there’s a wide mouth that enables easy cleaning and filling; First Nature 3090 – this hummingbird feeder can hold up to 32 ounces of nectar. It is well-designed and leak-proof. The container features a wide opening which makes filling and cleaning easier; More Birds Glory – this feeder might only hold a maximum of 13 ounces of nectar but its construction is sturdy and well-built, the design is appealing, and the container is easy to clean.
Hummingbirds are most attracted to red flowers but they also like other bright colors such as yellow. For that reason, most manufacturers create a red base around their hummingbird feeders.
Hummingbirds feed with nectar and the most nectar can be found in tubular flowers. Also, those flowers and plants who have brightly-colored petals are the most appealing ones for hummingbirds. Perennial flowers such as lupines, balms, and daylilies are among the plants that these birds like but they also prefer biennials like hollyhocks and foxgloves.
The nectar that you fill the feeder with should be placed in an area where sunlight and shadow alternate during the day. Otherwise, it will go bad, especially if there’s too intense sunlight all day long which can make the nectar ferment and spoil in just a couple of hours.
As you can see, the market offers a wide range of possibilities when it comes to hummingbird themed gift ideas. There are endless possibilities that you can choose from and all of the presents detailed above are inspired and thoughtful gifts. From coloring books and paintings to mugs and accessories, all those categories and types of gifts will delight those who receive them.