- 20 Perfect Presents for Pokémon Lovers - November 4, 2021
- The Best 12 Souvenir Gift Ideas from Seattle - October 8, 2021
- Best Anniversary Presents for Your Parents for Every Milestone - November 19, 2018
Geeks should be easy people to shop for. They’ve probably already talked your ear off about their latest Dungeons and Dragons campaign, or who they think will ultimately sit the Iron Throne, or how excited they are for Avengers: Infinity War.
Therefore, you’ve probably already narrowed down their interests, and have a fair idea of what fandoms make them happy…but more often than not; you’re still stumped about what presents actually to get them.
Let’s be real, does one person need a dozen Batman action figures? And just how many Star Wars shirts from the department store can you gift someone without seeming like a cop-out? For when the gift-giving season rolls around, we’ve put together a list of 15 useful and unique geek gifts, all under $100!
Geek Gift-Giving Tips
To start off, here are some tips for choosing gifts for geeks to point you in the right direction.
1. Geek gifts don’t have to be expensive
There’s a potential for geek merch to be costly – and rightly so, because artists pour a lot of time and study into making amazing custom art. But you don’t always have to dive into the deep end when searching for gifts for geeks. Geek merch can go for a range of different prices. This guide was written to include geek gifts ranging from $20 and below all the way up to $100.
2. Research your geek fandom
You don’t have to fall into the geek wormhole yourself, but it helps to do a little recon or read up on the fandom you’re buying merch from. If your geek friend is a Potterhead, what’s their Hogwarts House?
If they like Star Wars, are they Jedi or Sith? Who’s their favorite Marvel or DC character? There are niches within niches within niches in geekdom, and the closer you get to your geek friend’s fave, the happier they’ll be.
3. Read reviews by other geeks
It may be tempting just to order the first thing that comes up in a Google Search online, but much like buying gifts for any other kind of person, it pays to put effort into knowing more about the product you’re getting.
Read up on product quality, shipping, packaging, and customer service before you head to checkout to make sure you and your geek friend get your money’s worth.
4. Think outside the box
If you find out your friend is a literary geek, your knee-jerk reaction might be to get them a book. But there’s so much gift-giving potential to tap into there!
For example, some suggestions for that niche are: a tiny book light, an adjustable book rest, glasses that let you read lying down, scented candles that smell like books, unique bookmarks, the list goes on. Geeks are creative and innovative, and they’ll enjoy presents that are the same.
5. Get the most out of your gift
Lots of geek stuff out there is decorative – action figures, ornaments, jewelry – and there’s no denying the workmanship poured into that kind of art is admirable.
However, this guide is focused on geek gifts that serve more purpose than hanging static on a wall or behind a glass case. The gifts in this guide can be used around the house, be worn every day, or lead to new experiences.
Useful choices mean more mileage out of your gift for your geek friend!
Your Guide to Useful and Unique Geek Gift-Giving
We’ve compiled fifteen gifts for geeks sorted into three categories: gifts at $20 and below, gifts at $20-$60, and gifts at $60-$100.
Each category includes gifts from popular geek fandoms and non-fandom-specific presents. As mentioned previously, all gifts are functional and of lasting quality, more than just merely paying homage to well-loved geek franchises.
Let’s dive into the rabbit hole!
Gifts at $20 and below
For when you need the Force to light your way
1) Star Wars Lightsaber Book Light
Available on ThinkGeek for $9.99
What geek hasn’t spent the night reading under the covers and going to galaxies far, far away? This Star Wars Lightsaber Book Light is a must-have on such nocturnal adventures!
A white LED bulb emits light in place of the laser blade, affixed to the end of a foot-long flexible neck. You can twist and bend the light into a comfortable angle, perfect for reading under the covers.
A padded clamp – designed, so it doesn’t damage the cover or pages of your book – clips the light to your book. The clamp attaches firmly to the cover of your hardbound volume, or it can hold down pages up to three-quarters of an inch thick.
An interesting feature for geeks who like to read themselves to sleep is the automatic timer that turns off the light by itself after 30 minutes of use to save on energy.
On the other hand, if your geek friend has got the “One last chapter!” bug, the light flashes in warning before it turns off, so they know when to restart the timer.
This book light is available in Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader – depending on whether you feel like the protagonist or the villain of your story!
The Star Wars Lightsaber Book Light is officially-licensed Star Wars merchandise.
- Requires 1 AAA battery (not included)
- Padded clamp
- Timer automatically turns the light off every 30 minutes
- Dimensions: 11-inch long flexible neck, 4-inch long lightsaber hild
- Weight: 2 oz
- The Flexible neck lets you illuminate whatever part of the book you’re concentrating on
- The automatic timer is convenient for preserving battery life, and also for keeping track of time when you’re reading too late into the night
- The clamp can’t hold more than an inch’s worth of pages
- The light might flop around when used on books that are too light to hold it up
For the nerdy wordsmith
2) Magnetic Poetry Kit, Geek Edition
Available on Amazon for $12.95
If you know a poetry geek or word nerd, this Geek Magnetic Poetry Kit might be just up their alley. This set is specifically techno and geek-themed, with over 200 magnetic word and word fragment tiles such as “USB”, “DSL”, or “galactic empire” that you can use to write snippets of verse on your locker door or leave love notes on the fridge (“Set phasers to love me!”)
Each tile is about 0.37 inches tall, with words in a black serif font set on a white background. Their actual size is roughly around the print size 14 of Times New Roman, which makes them rather small.
On the bright side, that means you can write longer poems on smaller spaces, and the magnetic tiles are discreet enough to use in public, such as at school or in the office.
Dare your poet friend to let their imagination run loose and write a magnetic rhyme a day! It may be a challenge creating poetry out of only the available words in the box, but this set is also compatible with other themed kits from Magnetic Poetry (Book Lover,Mixed-up Movie Lines, andGrouchy Cat to name a few) should you want to widen your options.
Overall, the Geek Magnetic Poetry Kit makes an amusing gift for writers, poetry fans, technogeeks, or anyone who just likes to leave entertaining epistles on the fridge.
- 200+ word tiles per kit
- Magnetic specifications: 0.375 inches tall (consistent across all Magnetic Poetry Kits), white background with black text
- Dimensions: 3.4×1.2×6.8 inches
- Weight: 4.8 oz
- A balanced selection of words
- Magnetic tiles come in clusters of multiple words that need to be separated manually; you’ll need to separate the individual word tiles carefully to prevent tearing
For super chill days
3) “Being Wonder Woman” Comfy Throw Blanket With Sleeves
Available on Amazon for $17.79
Even superheroes need a day off! This soft fleece blanket with wide, loose sleeves – like a bathrobe worn backward – will keep your geek warm while leaving their arms and hands-free to prop open a book, hold the PlayStation controller, or sip from a warm mug of hot milk.
The whole blanket measures 48 by 71 inches – big enough to accommodate different heights with enough slack to drag on the floor. The oversized sleeves fit even the most broad-shouldered of heroes lounging at home.
Wonder Woman’s iconic design emblazoned on the front is the main design feature, and it’s sure to make you feel super even when you’re just binge-watching Netflix on the couch. As a bonus, it makes an easy costume come Halloween!
This blanket also comes in Superman and Batman designs if you want to turn the whole gang into the Justice League.
- Made of 100% polyester
- Dimensions 48 x 71 inches
- Fits most sizes
- Great if you need to be warm and still need to use your hands
- Fleece is thin and not very fuzzy
- Needs washing before it softens
For nice clean games
4) Controller Soaps
Available on Firebox for $12.99 each
If you live with a gamer geek, you’ve probably seen them when they’re chasing rank on Overwatch or playing a winning streak on Destiny 2, or attempting to play Final Fantasy from beginning to end over a single weekend. It’s during these marathons that they forget to eat, sleep, and yes, bathe.
For geeks like these, these life-size controller soaps from Firebox will make great presents. They come in three different controller designs – Playstation 4, Xbox One, and NES – and are made from vegan ingredients.
These are perfect for washing off all the sweat that builds up after a particularly tense Monster Hunter: World hunt and replacing it with a refreshing citrus scent. It’s a genius idea to make taking showers more fun for your geek (so hopefully, they’ll put down the controller and do just that)!
Just make sure they don’t get the soap mixed up with the real controller during a clutch moment, or we’re going to have some problems.
- Life-size soap replicas of your favorite video game controllers
- Made from vegan-friendly ingredients
- ‘Energy Citrus’ scent
- Lathers well, but doesn’t feel oily or sticky
- Returns are not available for this item
For the aspiring film connoisseur
5) 100 Movies Scratch Poster
Available on FireBox for $18.19
This 100 Movies Scratch Poster is specific to diversify anyone’s taste in films, or at the very least, eliminate squabbles about what to watch on family movie night!
You can start by carefully scratching away the foil off the movies you’ve already watched, then make some popcorn and work your way through the remainder of the 100 films on the poster.
This isn’t just some top 100 blockbusters list; it’s a carefully curated collection of both iconic and obscure films, transcending genres and generations, handpicked by the makers for quality and diversity.
The 100 Movies Scratch Poster includes a range of classics from Titanic to Mean Girls to Toy Story and hidden gems such as Baahubali and Mary and Max.
Every time you scratch off a panel, you reveal the movie-themed minimalist artwork beneath. The poster is a visually appealing way of tracking your progress, and inspires you to keep going until you’ve completed the list!
It’s a great way to encourage anyone who loves completing challenges (or gets bothered by unfinished lists) to watch more films.
As a bonus, the 100 Movies Scratch poster comes in a triangular gift box that’s commonly mistaken for a giant Toblerone. No spoilers here!
- 100 minimalist art panels of handpicked classic movie titles, covered in scratch-off foil
- Dimensions: 23.6 x 16.5 inches
- A well-rounded selection of films
- Visually pleasing art underneath (well worth the effort of honestly watching the movie and scratching off the foil)
- Returns are not available for this item
- Wall hanging equipment not included
Gifts at $20-60
For completionists and collectors
6) Wiz Dice Bag of Devouring: 140 Polyhedral Dice in 20 Guaranteed Complete Sets
Available on Amazon for $29.99
The Wiz Bag of Devouring and its 20 complete dice sets make a wonderful gift for a geek friend who collects dice, or several! Come gift-giving season;you can pass it around the table, so everybody in your Dungeons and Dragons party has a brand-spanking new set of dice (or two, or three), then offer the bag and remaining dice sets to the Dungeon Master (perhaps for a shot at inspiration on your next game).
The Bag of Devouring itself is neatly and tightly stitched, with a Tentacled Horror embroidered in purple, green, and white. It stands on its own when opened, and can fit more than 200 dice (which is great, as it already comes with 140).
Alternatively, it could also hold miniatures, inspiration tokens, and any of the little trinkets that often come with playing D&D.
Hold up, did we say it comes with 140 dice? Yes, the Wiz Dice Bag of Devouring comes with 20 standard 7-dice sets for Dungeons and Dragons.
The polyhedral dice come in 20 fantastic new designs: made in varying shades of black, white, orange, bronze, purple, green, blue, and pink, and rendered in solid, translucent, sparkly glitter, and marble swirl treatments.
The Bag of Devouring is part of Wiz’s new Series II: Alchemical oddities line.
- Bag of Devouring (2.8 x 2 x 1.2 inches), can hold over 200 dice
- 20 full sets of 7 polyhedral dice (d20, d12, d10, d8, d6, and classic d4)
- Weight: 1.2 pounds
- SO MUCH MORE DICE CHOICES than one person will know what to do with
- Some dice may be missing (don’t worry, Wiz recognizes this as a common risk, and has responsive and accommodating customer service ready to replace missing dice)
For time travelers who collect lots of trinkets
7) Doctor Who TARDIS Wooden Jewelry Box (with Drawers, Hooks and Ring Inserts)
Available on Amazon for $29.99
Like we mentioned earlier, geeks love their decorative fanart jewelry, but where to put them? Why, this equally geeky and decorative Doctor Who TARDIS wooden jewelry box, of course!
First off, this TARDIS jewelry box is made of wood, which ensures that it’s sturdier than other TARDIS boxes out there made of cardboard, and more environmentally-friendly than those made of plastic.
Painted in the requisite TARDIS blue, it’s carefully detailed on the outside right down to the little black “Police Box” sign. Two walls swing out to reveal the jewelry compartments within.
This TARDIS may stand less than a foot tall, but it’s bigger on the inside! Three drawers on the left can sort out your bracelets, stud earrings, cuff links, and other little baubles.
On the right is an open compartment with three metal hooks on the side wall for hanging dangling earrings, a rotating carousel on the ceiling for necklaces, and ring inserts on the floor.
Display this on your dressing table as a functional and fabulous testament to your love for the longest-running geek sci-fi show of all time!
This Doctor Who TARDIS wooden jewelry box is official Doctor Who-licensed merchandise.
- Material: Wood
- Dimensions: 9 x 5 x 5 inches
- Weight: 3.46 lbs
- Spacious storage for bracelets, rings, earrings
- Not much space for necklaces to hang; they may have to be doubled so they can dangle from the rotating carousel
For fans of science fiction, steampunk, and the stars
8) The Steampunk Tarot
Available on Amazon for $24.03
The Steampunk Tarot by Llewellyn might initially come across as a novelty item, but as with many things mystical, you might be surprised at how easy it is to connect with this friendly, intuitive deck!
Consider this gift for geeks who are interested in all things steampunk, who are already well-versed in tarot, or who are looking to dabble in divination and are wondering where to start.
The Steampunk Tarot is based on the traditional images of the Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot, given a steampunk spin. Artist Aly Fell tells the story of each tarot card in beautiful illustrations of Victorian fashion, intricate steampunk machinery, subtle magic, and expressive characters.
More than just a gimmicky deck, the thematic imagery stays true to the original meanings of the tarot – an important attribute for visual and intuitive readers who prefer to look at the pictures to glean interpretations.
The deck comes with an insightful, beginner-friendly manual written by the creator, tarot expert Barbara Moore. Here, she explains each card’s interpretation and symbolism straightforwardly and conversationally, without the otherworldly fluff and filler that most thematic companion tarot books have.
The Steampunk Tarot describes itself as a way to “glimpse the future through the lens of the past,” and if that isn’t what tarot, sci-fi, fantasy, and all geek stories are about, then we don’t know what is.
- 78 tarot cards
- Companion book
- Dimensions: 5.4 x 2.3 x 8.2 inches
- Excellent starting tarot deck for beginners; the rich thematic imagery is enticing but won’t confuse new readers
- Soft card stock, not ideal for shuffling
- Doesn’t come with a box for the cards; you’ll have to use the original packaging or get a separate card box
For fans of Stranger Things and strange things
9) Eleven Bleeding Nose Candle
Available on FireBox for $42.00
Get ready for the strangest thing on this list!
Check out this ornamental ceramic candle holder shaped like an angry Eleven’s head, with one addition: as the candle wax melts, it drips down Eleven’s nostrils in imitation of her iconic nosebleeds whenever she maxes out her psychokinetic powers.
The candle holder already comes with two red candles – the better for it to look like a legit nosebleed. It also comes with a “nose picker” to clean out the wax in case it cools and blocks the nose.
Don’t forget to put the candle holder on a dish or tray to catch the wax as it drips down Eleven’s face!
All in all, this genius candle holder (exclusively from FireBox) makes a disconcerting addition to any Stranger Things fan’s room.
- Ceramic Eleven candle holder
- Two red candles
- Nose-picking tool
- Dimensions: 8.2 x 10.2 x 6.3 inches
- Made of hefty, finely-crafted ceramic
- “Blood” drips easily down Eleven’s nose after the first nosebleed
- May take a while for the first nosebleed to happen, but it’s worth the wait!
For fantasy and historical fiction fans
10) Design Toscano Arthurian Knight Bookends
Available on Amazon for $48.15
If your friend is the sort to get lost reading about the realms of knights and wizards, fair maidens and fey queens, and kings pulling swords out of stones, they’ll adore these Arthurian knight bookends.
Design Toscano has been a reputable maker of authentic replicas of historical statues and art reproductions since 1990. These bookends are the product of study and craftsmanship to make them look as close to the knights of Arthurian legend as possible, complete with sword and shield.
The knights can face sideways, with the walls behind them sandwiching the books, or they can face front and support the books on either side.
Made of resin and stone, these Arthurian knight bookends are hefty enough to hold your geek friend’s books on Camelot, Lord of the Rings, and A Song of Ice and Fire. If nothing else, they’ll make great standalone accent pieces!
Even if you’ve never read a page of Philippa Gregory or you’ve memory-dumped the list of Henry VIII’s six wives, you can’t go wrong with this gift for learned sirs and ladies!
- Hand-cast using real stone and resin
- Hand-painted with a two-tone metallic finish
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 5 x 8 inches
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- Hefty weight
- Can hold nearly five feet of books at each end with ease
- Can also be displayed outdoors
- Quality may vary – paint jobs, parts not fitting together or needing to be glued on
Gifts at $60 – $100
For the aspiring overlords
11) Risk: Game of Thrones Board Game
Available on Amazon for $61.46
USAopoly is a popular producer of timeless Hasbro board games “with a twist.” Since Game of Thrones became a hit, it has given board games such as Clue and Monopoly a unique Game of Thrones spin. Risk: Game of Thrones, in particular, has gotten raves for being the perfect alliance between a contemporary show about ruthless politics and betrayal and a classic game about conflict and conquest.
USAopoly’s Risk: Game of Thrones boasts excellent production value, from thematic meeples and figures to a Westeros and Essos game board, and Game of Thrones character cards that use each House’s strength to apply bonuses to influence the game.
There are three ways to play: Skirmish mode, played like a standard game of Risk; Dominion mode, played with Objective, Character, and Master cards thrown in for more complex and thematic play; and World at War played with a full table of 6-7 players on both the Westeros and Essos maps.
Each game will be unique as you discover new strategies to collect territories, castles, and ports, make and break alliances, and invade and defend lands – until someone draws the “Valar Morghulis” card and ends the game.
Pick up a Risk: Game of Thrones set, gather your geek friends around the table, and find out who among you deserves to sit on the Iron Throne! (Hopefully, you’ll still be friends after.)
- 2 game boards modeled on the maps of Westeros and Essos
- 315 total game pieces, divided into 7 armies (for Houses Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Tyrell, and Martell, and the Ghiscari slavers) with 45 pieces each
- 7 player boards (one per House)
- 28 specialized Character Cards (4 Character Cards per House)
- Dimensions: 15.8 x 10.5 x 3 inches
- Weight: 5.75 lbs
- High replayability
- Good to play with as few as 2 players
- A worthy purchase for board game enthusiasts looking for a new way to play Risk, or Game of Thrones fans searching for accessible quality merchandise
- Playing on World at War mode will need 6-7 players
For those who build the future with nostalgic toys
12) Brik Build-On Wall Tiles
Available on the Brik website for $59.99
Philosophy classic book Sophie’s World describes Lego as “the most ingenious toy in the world,” and that’s the truth. These tiny building blocks come from a simple concept and yet they hold the potential to create anything.
Brik, while not a Lego-endorsed company, elevates the building block toy concept to another level – literally! – By creating wall tiles compatible with Lego and other brick building sets. Now your geek friend can create small-scale architectural masterpieces on the walls as well as on the floor!
Combine the Brik blocks with old Lego sets, and never worry about the excruciating pain of stepping on a Lego again! You can say goodbye to breaking your nails from peeling stubborn bricks off the baseplates too; when you want to do your designs over, use the Brik removal tool to scrape everything off the wall tiles in one go.
Brik’s removable adhesive system allows the wall tiles to be attached, detached and rearranged on your walls without damaging them. You can stick them on other surfaces, such as tabletops, doors, dressers, and even the fridge door.
Not just for bricks and giggles, this Brik set also comes with six Brik clips, so your creative wall art can be functional as well as fun. Hang your keys, chargers, or jewelry on the clips, and design mall shelves for little items alongside them to create a command station. And just when you thought the most ingenious toy in the world couldn’t get any smarter.
- 6 Brik Tiles (10 x 10 inches each)
- 300 Assorted Briks
- 6 Brik Clips
- 1 Brik Removal Tool
- Compatible with Lego, and other brick building sets; also compatible with Lego Duplo sets, for geeks with young children
- The adhesive may get less sticky after you’ve moved the tiles around multiple times
For showing off House pride
13) Harry Potter House Comforter
Available on ThinkGeek for $59.99 – $74.99
Every night is a night spent in the Hogwarts dormitories with this Harry Potter House Comforter!
These cozy comforters are engineered to trap body warmth and keep your Hogwarts study buddy nice and toasty under the covers. As they’re made from 100% polyester, these comforters are bound to last longer than any cotton counterparts.
For each comforter, the large House seal is the main feature of the design, set against a muted backdrop of the House mascot and colors. Each comforter is done in House colors.
You may be thinking that Gryffindor scarlet and Hufflepuff yellow are not the most calming colors to be surrounded by when you’re trying to get some sleep, and that’s why ThinkGeek has tastefully tuned down these bright colors (the Gryffindor comforter is rendered in crimson, and gold in soft black accents Hufflepuff) in making these comforters.
In contrast, green and blue are tranquil colors by default, but the shades of Ravenclaw blue and Slytherin green have been enhanced to make them striking and attractive while still being soothing.
The undersides of the comforter are in muted shades of silver for Slytherin and Ravenclaw, and gold for Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. They make tasteful accents to the design when the top of the comforter is folded over.
These Harry Potter House Comforters are officially-licensed Warner Brothers’ Harry Potter merchandise.
- Made of 100% polyester (85 gsm filling)
- Dimensions: Twin/Full – 72 x 86 inches / Queen/King – 94 x 86 inches
- Beautiful workmanship
- 85 gsm filling makes it good for light use during summer, or as an added layer during winter
- No need for dry cleaning: can be machine-washed with cold water and mild detergent on delicate cycle setting
- As it is made of polyester, the comforter will eventually lose some of its fluff (but that won’t mean it’ll stop being warm and pretty!)
14) AMC’s The Walking Dead Survival First Aid Kit
Available on Amazon for $79.99
A true geek would know life isn’t just about whimsical magic and fantasy lands. Sometimes it’s about the gritty and gruesome reality that the world as we know it could someday fall to the zombie virus. Or climate change. And when that day comes, it pays to be ready. Get your geek friend The Walking Dead Survival First Aid Kit, and you might just save their life!
The survival kit comes in a military-style messenger bag emblazoned with the logo for The Walking Dead. It has lots of flaps and pockets on the inside and outside to store all the included supplies, and then some.
The bag contains various supplies to help you survive the apocalypse (or any emergency situation for 72 hours): a 30-piece first aid kit, food ration bars to be eaten every six hours (shelf life: five years), emergency drinking water (shelf life: five years),work gloves, a space blanket, a brightly-colored poncho, a 5-in-1 survival whistle with flint, compass, emergency mirror, whistle and water resistant case, and a LED flashlight.
Said flashlight is a stroke of genius. It has a lifespan of 400 hours and runs on three modes: regular flashlight mode, red light mode (where the translucent handle glows red), and a flash mode for emergencies (the translucent handle flashes red to signal for help).
The flashlight goes on flash mode automatically when dropped in water, and it turns itself off after an hour to save power.
All in all, The Walking Dead Survival First Aid Kit makes for a reliable go-bag, so your geek friend is ready for anything – zombie apocalypse or no. The Walking Dead Survival First Aid Kit from First My Family is official merchandise of AMC’s The Walking Dead.
- Military-style messenger bag
- 1 Datrex 2400 Calorie Emergency Food Ration
- 6 Datrex 4.22 oz packs of Emergency Water
- 1 Lifeline 30 Piece First Aid Kit
- 1 12-hour glowstick
- 1 Mylar Space Blanket
- 1 Emergency Poncho
- 1 Survival Whistle with flint, compass, emergency mirror, whistle, and water-resistant case
- 1 LifeGear LED Flashlight that lasts up to 400 hours (AAA batteries included)
- Probably more well-stocked than most go-bags you could put together individually
- A smart present for anyone living independently
- Might be a little on the pricey side
For the handy Marvel fan
15) Marvel Thor Hammer Tool Set
Available on ThinkGeek for $99.99
We’ve saved the best for last! The ultimate useful and geeky gift is this 44-piece tool set, nested in a toolbox modeled after Thor’s hammer.
The toolbox is made of sturdy plastic decorated with carvings to look like the real Mjolnir.
The two halves of Mjolnir open up to reveal the wrench, pliers, screwdriver, and tape measure nestled in the middle compartment, with the hammer – its handle customized to look like Mjolnir’s handle itself – anchoring the design in the center.
The included screwdriver is a work of brilliance (possibly designed by Tony Stark). Instead of cramming a screwdriver set into the box, this one has a single screwdriver that comes with six bits, which you can attach and detach from the handle via a catch release mechanism.
To adjust the length, the screwdriver also comes with a 3 ¼-inch extension bar.
The nuts, bolts, and smaller tools sit in their designated slots in both side compartments.
This Thor Hammer Tool Set is a ThinkGeek exclusive and is officially-licensed Marvel’s Avengers merchandise.
- Mjolnir-shaped toolbox
- 6-inch pliers
- 10-foot tape measure (metric and imperial)
- 24 ¼-inch sockets
- Metric: 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
- Imperial: 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, ½-
- 2-inch extension bar for sockets
- 2-in-1 stubby ratchet screwdriver with 6 bits
- 30mm double-ended bits: PZ2 x H5, PZ3 x H6, PZ1 x H4, PH1 x SL4, PH2 x SL5, PH3 x SL6
- 3 ¼-in extension bar for bits
- 6-inch wrench
- 40Cr quick-release ratchet wrench
- 13 oz. claw hammer
- 4-inch folded knife (with 5 replacement blades)
- 4 drive brake caliper tool bits
- Cross slot bits: PH3, PH3
- Slot bits: SL5, SL6
- Dimensions: 15 inches tall x 9 inches wide x 6 inches deep (closed)
- Weight: 5 1/2 lbs
- HIGH AESTHETIC VALUE
- Doesn’t just look cool, but is also incredibly useful and contains a comprehensive set of essential tools
- The product may have a metallic smell that’s typical of toolboxes
TL;DR (which is geek for In Summary)
Geeks ARE easy people to shop for because a geek will always be passionate about something. And that passion is a huge flashing neon sign that will point you towards the stuff they’ll love, and save you from fumbling to choose from a list of generic gifts.
As is the rule with gift-giving: it’s always the thought that counts, so make sure you put a lot into it! As long as you put in the effort to be creative, do your fandom homework, canvass for a reasonable price, and ensure quality, you’ll end up with useful and unique gifts guaranteed to make any geek feel special.